10 - 11 June 2019
Admissions to the Master's programme Chemical and Environmental Technology (CET) are administered by the Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, University of Zagreb (FCET). Applications to the programme must be submitted through the FCET on-line admission system. In order to be considered for admission to the CET programme, candidates must fulfil the specified requirements (academic and English language requirements) and submit their application along with all supporting documents.
Admission quota: 25 students
15 students – for National & EU citizens
10 students – for International (3rd countries) citizens
The tuition fee for the students within the quota for the academic year 2023/2024 is EUR 1.115,00 for all enrolled students. The tuition fee for students outside the quota is EUR 2.000,00 for citizens of the Republic of Croatia and foreign citizens from the European Union. The tuition fee for citizens of third countries is EUR 4.000,00.
Applicants to the CET Master's programme should have a BSc or BEng (Bachelor) degree corresponding to a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent credits in either:
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- or other relevant engineering, technology or science discipline
The applicant's qualifications must include a strong working knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, physics and engineering. The minimum ECTS or equivalent credits should include the following:
- General / Organic / Physical / Analytical Chemistry: 25 ECTS
- Mathematics: 10 ECTS
- Physics: 10 ECTS
- Thermodynamics / Transfer phenomena / Mass and/or Energy Balance / Reaction or Process Engineering / Chemical Technologies / Catalysis: 15 ECTS
Applicants will be subjected to a class procedure and can obtain points in which certain elements are represented as follows:
(a) The weighted undergraduate grades yield a maximum of 60 points
- the grade point average yields points calculated according to the following formula: Px12, where P is the weighted grade point average
(b) The duration of the undergraduate study brings a maximum of 30 points
- the duration of the undergraduate studies up to 3 years brings 15 points
- the duration of the undergraduate study of 3-4 years brings 7 points
- the duration of the undergraduate studies of more than 4 years brings 0 points
- awards for scientific and professional paper (10 points)
- co-authorship of a paper published in tertiary publications (10 points)
- participation in a peer-reviewed communication at a national or international meeting (5 points)
- participation in CeSaR workshops (5 points)
On the basis of the grading procedure carried out, i.e. the number of points obtained, a special ranking list of the graduate study Chemical and environmental technology of the University of Zagreb, Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, will be established. The ranking list will be published on the Faculty's website, www.fkit.unizg.hr, on September 27, 2023.
Costs for the classification procedure and study enrollment:
1. When submitting an application for the classification procedure, the applicant pays the cost of the classification procedure in the amount of €15.00.
2. When enrolling in a course, the applicant pays the cost of the enrollment procedure in the amount of €40.00.
The costs are transferred to the giro account of the University of Zagreb Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, IBAN: HR7223600001101338626, with the reference text "classification procedure" or "Costs for enrollment in the first year of the graduate study in Chemical and Environmental Technology". The reference number is Personal identification number (OIB) of the applicant.
Language test types and minimum test scores:
(mandatory, not older than 2 years)
When applying for admission, applicants must provide evidence of their academic achievements and proficiency in English. Copies of relevant documents must be uploaded together with the application form.
Pearson Test of English (Academic)
C2 Proficiency (former Cambridge Proficiency Examination CPE)
C1 Advanced (former Cambridge Advanced English Test CAE)
NOTE: Candidates whose first language is English are normally exempt from this requirement. Other candidates may also be exempted if they fall into either of the two categories below:
To request exemption from the English language proficiency requirement, instead of uploading the English certificate through the online applications system you can upload an official university letter confirming that your bachelor’s or master’s program was taught entirely in English.
List of required documents*:
1. Transcripts and degree certificates (diploma and diploma supplement)
2. CV/resume (In Europass format)
3. Evidence of competence in English
4. Motivation Letter
5. Academic reference (contact of potential referee)
*Please note that all documents must be submitted in either Croatian or English.
Application and enrollment dates:
Applications for admission to the graduate study in Chemical and Environmental Technology will be accepted from May 15 to July 3, 2023 for foreign citizens and from September 4 to September 25, 2023 for citizens of the Republic of Croatia. Applications are submitted via the online form on the website of the University of Zagreb Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology.
Incomplete applications, as well as applications received after the deadline, will not be considered. Enrollments will be held on September 28 and 29, 2023.
Undergraduate programmes in Croatia:
>“Chemical Engineering”, “Environmental Engineering”, “Applied Chemistry”, “Material Science and Engineering” (Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, University of Zagreb);
>“Chemistry”, “Chemical Technology” (Faculty of Chemistry and Technology, University of Split);
>“Chemistry” (Faculty of Sciences, University of Zagreb);
>“Environmental Engineering” (Faculty of Geotechnical Engineering, University of Zagreb);
>“Chemistry” (Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek).
Some undergraduate programmes in the EU and surrounding countries:
**including the following but not limited to them